- ONLINE is an adventure. You never know where you are going to end up, who you are going to bump into, who you will find interesting and who will find you interesting.
- ONLINE is a global cocktail party – small talk, small talk, small talk and then WOW – EXCITEMENT, interest and a CONVERSATION.
- ONLINE gives you a voice on the world wide stage – a platform to speak and to share.
- ONLINE gives you an ear to the world stage – a place to listen. You can hear what other people are saying and choose to listen, to listen and respond, or to move on without being rude.
- ONLINE is the world’s greatest equaliser. It doesn’t matter if you are 15 or 50; it doesn’t matter if you have a college degree or a school certificate; it doesn’t matter if you are a leader or a follower; it doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor; it doesn’t matter if you are big or small; it doesn’t matter if you are pretty or ugly; neither does your gender, sexual preference and race matter. All that matters is that you have an opinion, an interesting, value-ading opinion of your own and that you want to share it.
- ONLINE is a distribution network. Online allows the news to find you instead of you having to find the news. If it is important – someone will tell you.
- ONLINE is NOW. Online is up-to-date, it is always current. All the recent posts are at the top, the older ones at the bottom, so what is happening now is more important than what happened in the past.
- ONLINE is social. Facebook, My Space, YouTube and all the other social networks allow you to manage your social life, keep up to date – with or without contact – with friends, family and business contacts when it suits you. With Mobiles, Laptops, Blackberries, workdays are 24/7 so instead of having down time that is the same as everyone else; you and everyone else is the ultimate shift worker and need a way to stay in touch. ONLINE is it.
- ONLINE makes world collaboration possible. (For example EARTH HOUR). It allows you to belong, participate and find out how and what others did.
- ONLINE is transparent. It is all out there if you want to find it.
Find out more: http://www.earthhour.org.za/getinvolved.php to find out about even more innovative ways to spread the word and create awareness about this very important day.